Friday, May 09, 2008

Question of the Week: Time Machine

If time travel were possible, what time period would you like to visit? If you went to the past, would you attempt to change anything?

As fascinated as I am by history, there are so many time periods I'd be interested in visiting. How cool would it be to witness Moses bringing the ten commandments off Mt. Sinai? Or to be there for Washington's inaugural address? Or see a live taping of Friends? Or possibly go ahead two years and find out what the heck that friggin' smoke monster is on Lost... And no, I wouldn't try to change anything in the past. I'm reminded of an episode of The Simpsons where Homer played around with a toaster/time machine. He accidentally killed a prehistoric bug and it altered his present. Little changes can have big consequences. But I guess that's getting into a Chaos Theory/Butterfly Effect thing. Really I don't think the past can be changed. The past is written. I think if you tried to change something, you may find that you're may be the very catalyst that caused the original event to occur.

That was a lot deeper than I thought it would be. So to lighten things up a bit before I leave for the day, here's a clip from that very special episode of The Simpsons

No comments:

Post a Comment