Thursday, May 15, 2008

Loss of Appetite

Yesterday, as I was leaving work, I decided I was hungry. But I didn't want to get home to fix something. No, I wanted something fast and cheap and ready right away. So I pulled into the local Taco Bell to enjoy a tasty chicken quesadilla.

I placed my order, like one normally would, then I waited behind the line of cars. Like I said, I was hungry, so I waited in eager anticipation of paying for my food and driving home so I could enjoy said food.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I caught something disturbing. I looked over to my right and witnessed a kid throwing up in the parking lot. And he wasn't just a little sick. He was a lot sick. This guy must have lost everything he'd eaten for the last couple days.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed. It was highly visible (he chose to do this in front of the bushes rather than behind them) and pretty audible too (hard to ignore since we had windows rolled down in preparation for the drive-thru window). Needless to say, I was somewhat less motivated to enjoy my Mexican treats.

But what was I to do? Get to the window and say, "Sorry, I just watched that kid vomit, I don't feel like paying for or eating this food. See ya!" No... that's probably unacceptable in polite society. You know what else is probably unacceptable in polite society? Vomiting in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment