Sunday, May 04, 2008

That's Three

Another wedding come and gone. Another garter hanging from my rear view mirror. That's three, for those of you still keeping score. You'll recall that I caught the first at Andy and Chrissy's wedding. The second was grabbed out of the air at Brandon and Kara's.

This time I really didn't try to catch it. I mean, the whole time I was thinking it would be kind of cool to go three for three. Like a wedding trifecta. Turns out I didn't have to try. The thing landed right in front of me. No one else went for it, so why not?

Besides, there were only four single guys competing for the prize. That's four, including myself. I guess as I get older, there will be fewer and fewer bachelors at these weddings I attend. I'm hoping that there will also be fewer and fewer of these weddings I attend. I figure most of my friends are already married. I can handle the two or three of us that are left.

At the same time, I feel like I'm in a race to be the last man standing. I've made it no secret that I'm in no hurry to settle down. There's a lot that I would need to go through in order for that to happen. First I'd have to meet someone who'd be willing to put up with me on a regular basis. Then I'd have to come up with a new title for this blog. I'm sure there are other things I'd have to do. I should think about it and make a list.

Then again, I don't mind settling into that role of middle-aged bachelor that my friends' kids all call "Uncle Aaron."

No comments:

Post a Comment