Friday, May 16, 2008

Question of the Week: Gone Baby Gone

For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family again?

The only way that would ever happen, and I do mean only, is if I was married to that person. I mean, marriage kind of says "forever." If I'm dating someone for, say, six months or so, and she gets some kind of amazing promotion that sends her to Tierra del Fuego, I'd have to get left behind.

But if I were married to this woman who forced me to move to Tierra del Fuego, I don't think it would be too horrible. Look at all the advances we've made in technology in the last decade or so. Twenty years ago, the term video conference was reserved for science fiction. Now any old Average Joe can run to the local Best Buy and pick up a webcam and microphone. Then you can see and hear your closest friends on the other side of the world.

Where is Tierra del Fuego anyway?

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so this one I have to answer. I am a hopeless romantic so if I thought this was the love of my life, then I would go. I would not miss out on the opportunity of writing my own love story. If it didn't work out, I think I could manage to find my way back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in Argentina

    j

    ReplyDelete