Monday, May 19, 2008

What Dreams May Come

Most of the time I don't remember my dreams. But every now and then, I'll have a stretch of nights where I'll remember several dreams. And when that happens, they're all weird. I have a couple examples from recent nights.

The first dream has to do with a fist fight between me and Robin Williams. I'm not sure what, in this dream, he did to completely offend me. Whatever it was, it was enough for me to want to just wail on him. It was like he was a common schoolyard bully. He picked on me, I sat there and took it, and he moved on. But then the friends I had around me told me I shouldn't just sit there and take it. So I ran after Mork from Ork and, in true movie-special-effects style, I leaped off a wall and put him on the ground with one punch. Then, in the most threatening tone I could dream up, I warned him to leave me and my friends alone, then I walked away. Then I woke up. Not sure why I dreamed about beating up Robin Williams. As far as I know, he's never really done anything to offend me or my friends. Though I don't think I can forgive him for the movie Toys.

The other example is one in which I tried to get Lex Luthor and Clark Kent to work things out. Why should they be enemies when they were once such great friends? Nothing I said did any good though. Lex still wanted to kill Clark. Clark still wanted to passively get Lex out of the picture. This dream I can trace back to the fact that I've probably seen Smallville one too many times.

I know there are those out there who feel that dreams can hold special meaning. Sure I'll buy that... in some instances. But I just don't understand what my beat-down of Robin Williams could possibly mean to my subconscious. And trying to mediate an impossible difference of opinions? I really think I just watch too much Smallville.

No comments:

Post a Comment