Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Here Comes a Spider, Man

Yesterday as I was lying on my couch reading, I noticed something brown crawl quickly along the top of the sofa. Seeing it out of the corner of my eye, I immediately freaked out and sprang from my place of comfort.

Now, whenever I see a brown spider, my first thought is Brown Recluse. Then I panic a little more. But upon further study, I realized that this thing isn't a Brown Recluse. For one thing, it was moving way too fast. And it was a lot bigger than your average Recluse. Nonetheless, I was intrigued by my eight-legged friend. I got a couple pictures.



According to Wikipedia, what we have here is a Grass Spider. There are apparently 13 different species of Grass Spider and they're all harmless. So I did what anyone would do to a harmless spider. I named him Peter, then caught him and put him in the grass behind my house.

Shame on you for thinking I killed it. Besides, as big as the thing was, I'm pretty sure he could've taken me.

No comments:

Post a Comment