Friday, August 22, 2008

Question of the Week: Perfect

What would constitute a perfect evening for you?

You know, I was gonna come up with something ridiculously complicated for this "perfect" evening. But even the ridiculous stuff I came up with was way too ridiculous.

In reality, I'd want to keep it simple. Sitting around watching a movie with people I like hanging out with. Looking back at college, some of my favorite times were when we'd have a movie night in the dorm room. For a while there it got to be a regular thing. About once a week, a bunch of us would get together and watch a movie on the tiny TV in my room. A few times we were piled in there just sitting on the floor uncomfortably. We'd be packed in the small room so tight that no one could move. That might be a bit much. But just a few people sitting around watching a movie is good.

Or a night at DisneyWorld. It's a coin toss really.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

6 comments:

  1. This is interesting. So you get to have your perfect evening pretty much everytime you hang out with the Greenes. Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close. But Big Brother followed by Kevin playing Call of Duty does not a movie make. There are various levels of perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me, but we have watched a movie a time or two.

    Does Live Free or Die Hard and The Kingdom rind a bell???

    What about Rush Hour 3??

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, that doesn't rind a bell. Bells don't rind. They ring. And yeah... movies occasionally happen okay?

    You know, I'm thinking it'd be nice if someone actually answered the question of the week, other than me. Dig deep, get personal people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, if you want a response I will give you one.

    The perfect evening for me would be a night in front of the fire, curled up in a blanket and watching old movies. ALONE!!! Just some me time which I think I deserve every so often.

    And for making fun of me, you are no longer invited over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. after a day at the beach soaking up the sun, napping. a bonfire with a circle of friends, a guitar, maybe some s'mores, some songs, laughing, snuggling up to ken (ask nicole if you don't know), laughing, gazing at the stars then screaming helplessly as a man with a hook for a hand comes crashing through the fire, ripping through flesh, running, crying .. why oh why won't he stop . . the blood ... it's everywhere .. dear lord. .. why me? W H Y ME ????


    jh

    ReplyDelete