Friday, August 15, 2008

Question of the Week: Body and Mind

If you were able to live to the age of 90 and either retain the body or the mind of a 30-year-old, which would you want?

I'm gonna have to say I'd go with the mind. I don't think I'd mind the popping joints and the arthritis so much if I could still make sarcastic remarks about them in my old age. Besides, I've seen some of what alzheimer's has done to my grandfather. It's heartbreaking. And I know it breaks his heart when he has lucid moments. And hey, with the advances they're making in medical science, maybe there will come a day when I can take a pill and I won't feel any of those aches and pains that come with old age.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment