Monday, August 18, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode XXVII

After this morning's weekly meeting, I need to vent.

Once again, the entire ordeal was degrading and designed to make us feel guilty about not meeting our ridiculous goals. But I refuse to feel guilty. At this point, I refuse to care.

But here's what angers me: Our manager uses the word "we" a lot. I mean, a whole lot. But never does she let us know what "I" did. By "I" I mean "she."

Granted, my "goal" for last week was lowered from the standard. I didn't meet it. Came darn close, but I didn't meet it. Manager-lady's goal for last week was to open 8 new accounts. She never mentioned if she met that goal. I assume she didn't, because, without saying a word, she changed her goal this week to 4. I know what it means when she lowers my goal, does it mean the same thing when she lowers her own?

I know I suck at selling crap that people don't need to people who don't need it. But at least I'm man enough to admit it. When she was calling the tellers out, it took every ounce of restraint not to ask her about her goals last week.

You know what, they can talk to me and "coach" me 'til they're blue in the face, it's not going to change my comfort level when talking to customers. It's not going to change my morals regarding trying to sucker someone into getting a line of credit when they're probably up to their eyeballs in debt as it is.

I need a new job. Stat.

Any ideas? I'm all ears. I'm serious... this is a plea for help here.

No comments:

Post a Comment