Friday, August 01, 2008

Question of the Week: Gender Roles

Which sex do you feel has it easier in our culture? Have you ever wished you were of the opposite sex?

I'm thinking that guys have it easier. I'm not saying my life has been easy just because I'm a man. And thanks to Susan B. Anthony, women can vote. Thanks to Veronica Corningstone women can read the news on television. But I'd say that, despite whatever advances have been made in gender equality, I think men are still given a sort of bias. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that bias is right. It's just how it seems to be. My answer would probably have been different if Hillary had gotten the nomination.

And no, I've never wished to be of the opposite sex. There's a lot that you chicks go through that I, honestly, don't think I'd have the stomach for. I hear childbirth can be a very painful process. If what they say on TV is true.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment