Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lots of Material

First of all, Bryce came through his procedure just fine. He's a little sore and will be for a few days, but that's to be expected. Heart of a champion, that one. Thank you, to those of you who saw my post this morning and remembered to pray for him.

I was thinking about not posting anything tonight, but throughout the day, Bryce's grandmother gave me so much material that it was impossible not to write at least a little something. For those of you keeping a family tree, Gayle is the mother of Nicole, Jen, and Ryan, all of whom I've mentioned on here at least numerous times.

Generally, when I'm around Gayle, or any of the Hamilton women for that matter, I prepare myself to be beaten senseless. 'Cause that's what they do. I'll make a sarcastic remark at their expense and my arm shows the bruises as proof. Except for Jen, I think she just hits me for the sheer joy of it. Let's just say that sitting next to Gayle in the waiting room this morning may have been a mistake. I still have full use of my right arm, so I'm doing okay.

Once we got Bryce out of the hospital and headed back to the Greenehouse, Gayle had a little trouble in the car. I should say, she had a little trouble getting out of the car. But I guess it's not the easiest thing in the world to get out of the back of an SUV. She sure did fall. I sure did laugh. I laughed so hard that my head got a little dizzy.

The rest of the day was full of sun and fun at the pool. Well, for a few of us. Poor Bryce was still really groggy (and has to steer clear of the cement pond for a good week). Gayle, Nicole, and myself sat around the pool singing old hymns and harmonizing. It was fun actually singing with someone. Usually it's just me and the radio in my car.

Soon after, Russ (that's Mr. Hamilton to you) and Gayle hit the road and headed back to Virginia. Back here though, Bryce is enjoying the effects of Tylenol with Codeine. If only we were all so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. we hit you because you let us.

    i'm surprised you hadn't figured that one out yet ...

    j

    ReplyDelete