Monday, July 21, 2008

Good Day LA

Today has been my last full day in Los Angeles. We began the day eating breakfast at Dupar's, which is famous for its pancakes. I was told in previous months that this restaurant had the best pancakes in the universe. And what I ate was very good. But, unfortunately, I wasn't feeling very well. So I didn't eat much. I wish I had though.

From there we drove out to Pasadena where we located Doc Brown's mansion from theBack to the Future trilogy. We also found George and Lorraine's homes from the first film. In the movie, we're led to believe they lived in different neighborhoods. But in reality, the houses were just a couple houses apart, on the same side of the street. It was very exciting.

We drove back over to Hollywood to visit the Griffith Observatory, which has been featured in a number of films including Rebel Without a Cause and Transformers. We were able to take in a lot of scenery and some nice, smog-filled skylines.

After that, we spent a lot of time just driving around, listening to music and talking. Just having a good ol' time. We made our way to Burbank to enjoy some Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Nicole had told me they were the best Krispy Kremes in the world, but I have to disagree. They weren't "hot now" which may have tainted my results. But I was pretty sure there was too much glaze on the doughnuts. I thought they were too sweet. I just didn't like them as well as the ones back home. I'm sorry Burbank.

For now we're back at Jen's place, resting for a bit. Soon we'll be hitting up a miniature golf course and going for another drive. We just might see some coyotes. Tomorrow morning I fly out of LA and make my way back to Raleigh.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever about the donuts! You just don't know what good is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your options for food when you get to Chicago are slim to none. If I am reading it correctly, you have a little over an hour and a half lay over.......In your building you have Burger King and Chili's Too.....Starbucks and some other cafe type places.....but I hope you have safe flights and get some rest! Don't forget to text me!
    Love Ya
    April

    ReplyDelete