Friday, July 11, 2008

Greene Day Five

Last but not least, we come to Gabrielle. I know I'm probably not supposed to pick favorites, but if you had any interaction with Gabby, you'd know why that's a hard thing to do. Forget it, I'm not a parent, I can pick favorites all I want. I'm sure the favorite thing will change as soon as she starts talking and talking back. Her brothers and sister will probably rub off on her, so I'm sure, eventually, the sarcasm will kick in. What am I talking about? Eventually I'll rub off on her, then the real sarcasm will kick in.

Gabby is the first baby that I've really spent any significant time around. Before her, I was pretty sure that no infant could stand me. My own cousin wouldn't make eye contact with me until she was three. There are other examples, but I won't go into them here. Let's just say I was starting to develop some kind of complex. It's refreshing to be around a kid that actually smiles when she sees me coming.

And I think she's been flirting with me. There are a lot of times when I come over to the Greenehouse and she'll be sitting on the floor in the living room. She'll look around the chair to see who just came in the door. She sees it's me, I say hi to her, she smiles. And then she kind of rolls her eyes, trying to make it look like she's not really interested that I just walked in the room. Gabby, I know you can't read this, but kiddo, I'm way too old for you. How way? Way way.

But now that she's been at the beach for over a week, she's probably forgotten all about me. It'll take months before she's used to me again. Her very first birthday is coming up this weekend. I'm looking for some gift ideas. Your thoughts? I'm all ears.

4 comments:

  1. Babys love things they can put in their mouths to chew on. I say soft items that are small enough she can hold. Girly theme not really necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a new car!!!!! Mommy and Daddy can drive it until she's old enough.....

    -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's weird you ask what she'd want cause she just actually told me ..

    she wants a new HDTV for her bedroom.

    weird right? i know .. why don't i pick one up for her out here since i know where all the best deals are and you can just transfer money into my account.

    i'll make sure she gets it.

    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid is NOT my middle name so don't be looking for that money in your account any time soon. Thanks for the offer though. The car idea sounds great cause Mommy needs a new car.

    ReplyDelete