Saturday, July 19, 2008

LA story

Saturday in Los Angeles is really just beginning. Granted, it's currently 5pm locally. But we've got lots to do from here on out. But first, an update from this morning.

We slept as late as possible. But I woke up at 8, long before Jen. That was actually pretty late for me, considering I had been up for more than 20 hours on Friday. After Jen got up we sat around her apartment for a little while, then got ready to go to the beach.

We stopped for breakfast at the Omelet Parlor. We were seated on the patio, where numerous birds roamed freely. And they made themselves known. Flying near faces. Dropping their feces. Good times. The place was pretty good, despite our avian friends. The food was abundant and reasonably priced. I got eggs, bacon, and french toast. And it was scrumdidliumptious.

Next we walked over the beach. We were somewhere between the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach. Would you think the Pacific Ocean would be warm? Especially in Southern California? You'd be wrong though. It's actually very, very cold. But I got to stand in the Pacific, it was nice.

After lying on the sand for awhile (and adding to my burn a bit) we took a walk through Venice. We saw the street artists and musicians and freaks. We actually paid to see the freaks. For $3.00 we got to see a two headed turtle, a two headed snake, a five legged dog, and various other freakish attractions. You get what you pay for.

Like I said in last night's post, I'll try to get some video on here at some point. Tonight we'll be in Hollywood. Taking in the Chinese Theater, the Walk of Fame, some ice cream... and all of this leads to (drum roll) The Dark Knight. It's gonna be awesome. And I'm gonna be tired... again. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment