Monday, July 28, 2008

Always Something

I arrived home from work today and pulled up to the curb where I regularly park. Much to my surprise, there was a sign telling me not to park there for 48 hours.

See, for a few weeks, the Town of Wake Forest has been working on the road in front of my place. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in a previous post. I was hoping it would all be done by the time I got back from LA. But alas.

So I'm left to wonder when this "48 hours" begins. I'm also left wondering where I should park for two days. The signs stretch all up and down the street. I suppose I could try and park on the street behind my house, but that parking is designated for the families that live in those duplexes.

Luckily I still have the Greenes. Luckier still, I haven't worn out my welcome with them. So for two more nights I'll be staying with them.

Looking back at the month of July, I'm pretty sure I've spent approximately seven total nights in my own house. Why am I even paying rent here anymore? I think when August comes around I'll ask if I can get July prorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment