Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back in the Real World

I've spent every day for the last week writing about my adventures in and around Los Angeles. And now I'm back at home. Been here since Tuesday night. And what have I done with my time since I've been back? I worked. Then I caught up on some sleep. In that order.

Work yesterday was dull. I was struggling to keep my eyes open throughout the day. Because when I got up to get ready for work, while it was 6:30 am to everyone else on the east coast, my body was telling me to roll back over and go back to sleep. My body was whispering 3:30 am. I'm sure my body would have been screaming 3:30, but my body just didn't want to wake me up by being too loud.

After work, I realized that I needed to go grocery shopping. Before my trip to California, I had been staying at the Greenehouse for about 2 and a half weeks. In that time, I emptied my fridge. So coming home from vacation, my cupboard was bare. I could have put off the shopping 'til today, but then I wouldn't have had dinner last night. So I put off sleep in favor of a full stomach.

This morning I finally unpacked everything in my bags and cleaned house a bit. Since I wasn't living there for nearly a month, I let things go downhill. Junk mail and magazines thrown all over the place. Clothes all over the bedroom floor. Dishes in the sink. This is not how I normally live. I'm not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination. But I at least have things in their place for the most part. And things are now back to the way they should be.

And now I feel that I should come back to a post from the weekend. I haven't forgotten about the contest that I had on here. The winner is Tiffany who gave the correct answer before anyone else. She said she didn't want a souvenir, so I'm honoring that. But she does have the satisfaction of being right and being first. My favorite answer, though, came from Jen and Nicole's brother, Ryan, who answered with Laurence Olivier in Clash of the Titans. I may do more of these movie quote things in the future. Could be fun.

2 comments:

  1. haha! yes! so I am the real winner of the contest.

    but am I the winner of your heart? time will tell....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! If there were an actual prize, I'd like it to go to Mark because his answer was amazing.

    ReplyDelete