Friday, July 25, 2008

Question of the Week: And Don't Come Back

Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave the country and never set foot in it again?

I couldn't do it. Not for a million. It's just not that much money these days. I'm sure there's a lot of paperwork that would need to be filed, which would cost money. Then you'd need to get a place to live. Of course there's the ridiculous cost of airfare and shipping charges for all your stuff. By the time you get yourself established wherever you've chosen to go, that million is just about dried up. Make it 10 mil and maybe we'll start talking.

I don't want to call it "un-American" to take money to leave and never come back. I mean, what's more American than greed?

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. yes.
    maybe.
    but only if they gave it to me in euros.
    one millions dollars wouldn't go that far elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete