Saturday, July 19, 2008

Contest from LA

As I was boarding my first plane yesterday, this line popped into my head:

"I fell off the jetway again..."

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, I offer you a contest with an actual prize. The above quote is from a film of my generation. If you can name the film and the actor who spoke those words, you will receive a wicked awesome souvenir from Los Angeles. Unless Jen is the one that gets it, then she'll just have to wait 'til I get back home and I'll find a wicked awesome souvenir from Wake Forest.

Anyway, the rules are simple. Leave a comment with your answer. The first correct response that I receive is the official winner. I do ask that you not simply go to Google and search for that quote. I know in this age of the internet, it's easy to just look it up and find your answer that way. If that's the way you need to win, well, that's a bigger issue that you need to deal with. Let's just go with the honor system here.

The deadline will be Monday night: Midnight, Pacific Daylight Time. But really, I don't think you'll need the full two days. Get to it!

5 comments:

  1. Was it Dumb and Dumber? Said by Jim Carrey as a result of trying to get a briefcase back to Lauren Holly?

    But I seek no prize...just the satisfaction of knowing if I am in fact right is good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know the answer but i'm not going to write it .. i'll just tell you .. i wanna see if anyone else knows it

    j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim Carrey in the role of Harry said that in the movie Dumb & Dumber (which was on tv recently)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no doubt it is from Liar Liar...Its when Biff is getting ready to go back in time to hear the Lies that the future generations of Americans would be feed to disguise the truth about the Justice League. However, Tammy is running after him so he won't go, because she is in love with him and she "falls off the jetway again".........

    I like salt water taffy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurence Olivier in "Clash of the Titans"

    ReplyDelete