Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Dark Knight in LA

It's been another very long day. The stuff that Jen and I did this morning doesn't feel like it all happened today. Again, I'm hoping to eventually put some video clips on here. However, a few minutes ago, when I plugged the camera in to charge back up, I reviewed some of the footage. I'll be honest, it's not good. During those times when it was bright and sunny, it was difficult to see the screen and see exactly what was being picked up. I was afraid a lot of it would be off. A lot of the footage at Venice Beach is way off target... and shaky... and mostly the sidewalk and people's feet. Really, a lot it is bad.

But here's a description of some of the things we saw. The evening began as we drove around town. Jen was showing off some of the sights. We went by the Brady Bunch house. I wanted to go up to the door and ask if Bobby could come out and play. But apparently the owners of the house get really made when people do stuff like that. Or even just stand and stare or take pictures. So it was a drive-by taping.

Next we went to Universal City, seeing the entrance to Universal Studios and the building in which Jen experienced her first earthquake. Next came the Warner Bros. studio. I got to see the water tower where the Animaniacs live. We also saw the Paramount front gate and the building where Disney does all its animation. The building itself is supported by the seven dwarfs.

Making our way into Hollywood, we drove by the scene of the "Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" from Back to the Future. We even saw the parking lot where George punched Biff. This was a historic moment, as George had never stood up to Biff in his whole life.

Soon after, we stopped and saw the Grauman's Chinese Theater. It's hard to tell how may names and hand prints we saw. This one of the clips from the video that I really hope turned out. We made our way upstairs and ate dinner at Johnny Rocket's and followed that with dessert at Cold Stone Creamery. If you get a chance to go to Cold Stone, I must warn you to stay away from the blueberry muffin batter ice cream. I thought I'd give it a shot. Not worth the risk.

On the way back to the car, we noticed a lot of people who were dressed up in character costumes. We saw a Spider-Man, a Darth Vader, Captains Jack Sparrow and Barbossa, Batman, the Joker, Supergirl and Catwoman. But where I got my thrill was when Superman and Wonder Woman were walking toward us. Superman stopped me, got Wonder Woman's attention, and pointed out that I was wearing a Justice League t-shirt. Since they stopped me, I felt I should have my picture taken with them.



We drove around a bit more to kill some time before our movie began. Then, around 10pm, we made our way to the Arclight Theater where we would be viewing The Dark Knight. This movie was very, very good. Heath Ledger definitely deserves a posthumous Oscar for his performance as the Joker. I'd give it a more in depth analysis, but it's 4:20am. I'm tired.

After the awesomeness that was that movie, we went to Santa Monica for an all night art show called "Glow." We actually decided not to stay there long. We walked to the Santa Monica Pier, but when we got there, the police had closed it down temporarily. Apparently there were too many people on the pier, leading to too much weight, leading to potential disaster. It would be 20 minutes before it reopened. By this time it was 2:30am. So then we decided to head back to the car and back to Jen's apartment. I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

  1. I can see the tan is treating you right

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see burn......not tan.....but you are probably dark now and not hurting anymore.....
    April

    ReplyDelete