Saturday, September 05, 2009

A Couple of Thoughts

Here are a couple things that yesterday brought. Just a couple random thoughts.

I'm two weeks into the two jobs. This pizza delivery thing isn't so bad. It's a little frustrating on nights like last night when I only have about 2 hours to work and really only get three trips worked in. That kinda cuts into the tips I can get. But hey, every little bit helps. Especially when a couple of those bits include a five dollar tip. I was a little bothered tonight when I looked for next week's schedule and couldn't find my name on it. I couldn't help but wonder if I'd been fired already and was just not told about it. I mean, I thought I was doing all right, but if I'm not a good fit then I'm not a good fit. But at least they could tell me about it. I'm a big kid, I can take it. I won't cry. Much... The assistant manager just said to call tomorrow to talk to the manager. He said I wasn't fired. Score.

In other news, I came real close to getting some free Duke football tickets for this weekend. Not that I'm a Duke fan, but hey, free football. But here's how it went down. We're at work and it's Friday, so we're pretty busy. I was dealing with customers driving through the drive through while another teller fielded a call from our assistant manager's husband. I didn't hear any of the conversation, just the aftermath once she had hung up. My ears perked up when I heard her say that she told him everyone at the branch is a UNC fan, so no one would want free Duke football tickets this weekend. First of all, no, we are not all Tar Heel fans. I may live in North Carolina, but I'm still gonna pull for Virginia Tech. Secondly, who the heck cares if you're a fan or not! It's free football! I don't follow the football as much as a lot of my friends do, but I wouldn't be stupid enough to pass up free tickets to a college football game. Seriously. By the time the girl realized her huge mistake, it was too late. Our assistant manager said that her husband had already given them to someone else. What are the odds that I'll get the chance to go to a college game for free again?

No comments:

Post a Comment