Saturday, September 19, 2009

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know, Part 4

Nicole asks: 1. What would someone have to say to you to get you to punch them in the face? 2. When was the last time you lied? 3. Would you ever ask a stranger to borrow their phone so that you could prank call someone? 4. If your cell phone died and you knew that wearing one of those little beanie hats with a propeller would charge it, would you? In public? 5. What would I be totally surprised to see you do if I watched a hidden video of you?

So many questions, so little time...

1. This one really depends on the person. There are a lot of people that I can tolerate a lot from. A friend... a true friend... can probably say just about anything to me and I'll take it. But there are people out there who I'd be tempted to punch in the face if they wronged me or someone I love. And really, I'd be able to deal with it a lot easier if they wronged me as opposed to a loved one. But I honestly don't think of myself as a violent person. I'm actually, kind of a wimp. I've never been in a fight that I won. I'll get angry and punch a couch cushion or the passenger seat in my car, but I really don't think I could punch a person. Then again, I always said that if I was walking down the street and bumped into Sanjaya from American Idol, I'd probably punch him in the face.

2. Today at work I lied to a customer. It's a customer that comes to the drive through on a regular basis. She's all the time dropping loose change in the box and then shoving it up the chute. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was just a couple of dimes. But it's a handful of loose change. It's like she just digs around in her center console for change at the end of every day and decides to deposit it at the last minute. And I do mean the last minute. She's always pulling in at breakneck speeds and slamming on her brakes at 4:59pm. I ran her transaction today and then, as I do with every customer, I told her we appreciate her business. You know, corporate may appreciate her business, but I don't. It really wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if she closed her account and decided to go with our main competitor. Wouldn't lose a wink of sleep. And I'm pretty sure the smile that I had plastered on my face while I was talking to her could be considered a lie too. I made it seem like I was happy to help her out yet again, but I really wasn't. Big lie.

3. Probably not. As big a fan as I am of a good prank call story, I've really never been very good at it (see answer below). Also, I'm not real good at talking to strangers. I mean, yeah, I do it every day at the bank, but I basically have a script to go by. Note that I still have yet to go off script with the hot girl that comes to my window about once a week. Ergo, I think I'd have a hard time asking a stranger to use their phone for something as ridiculous as a prank call. I get nervous enough asking for a stranger's phone in the middle of an emergency. So yeah, probably not.

4. Yes. And yes.

5. Really Nicole? As well as you know me by now, do you think there's anything that would surprise you at this point? Really?

Justin Blunt asks: Who put the "bop" in the bop sha bop sha bop? What's the worst prank you ever pulled on someone or had someone pull on you? Toilet Paper: over or under? Why? If you could go back in time and change one decision or event in world history, what would it be? Why? How would our society be different?

These are some tough ones. Especially that first one. I believe it was The Platters.

When you ask about the worst, do you really mean worst? Or do you mean the best? I have a feeling you want me to go with the time you "wrote me up" for prank calling Mark and Brandon junior year. I guess that's the only prank against me that I ever took the wrong way and got really angry about. But don't worry, no grudges. The best prank ever pulled on me (and Mark, Brandon and Dereck) was the time Josh and Taggart put dozens of Dixie cups full of water all over the bedroom floor. They were set rim to rim. Had to have taken a lot of patience. I'm pretty sure you had a hand in that one too.

Over, no question. I don't really have a why. And while I could see this being an issue that could possibly make or break a relationship, I don't think it would bother me too much if I married a woman who preferred it to be under. It's just toilet paper. And over is just the way it was always on the roll where I grew up. It's how I was raised. It's like being a Baptist. It doesn't mean that I think Methodists aren't going to Heaven. It's just how I prefer to do things.

This last one really gets my imagination going. Now, Lost taught us this past season that the past cannot be changed. Whatever happened happened. However, if things could be changed, I think I'd go back to recent history. I'd go back to the months after 9/11 and encourage the powers that be to focus on finding Osama rather than focusing on Iraq. The tragedy of 9/11 united America against terrorism, in whatever shape it came. But somewhere along the way we decided it would be a better use of our resources to remove Saddam Hussein from power and attempt to install a democratic government in a country that's never known anything like it. It's one thing to send our military somewhere to fight injustice in the world. It's another thing entirely to go and impose our culture and way of life on another people. It's hard to say how our society would differ if we had taken out Bin Laden in the same amount of time it took us to "win" the war in Iraq. It's possible that, with Osama removed from his seat of power, another would have taken his place who was just as bad or worse. I don't think being removed from the Middle East would have caused our economy to do any better. And through it all, Saddam would still be ruling Iraq with his iron fist. All in all, I'd say I didn't effect history for the better at all. You should probably take away my Wayback Machine.

Dee Martin asks: Why the Superman shirt?

The answer to that is simple. I am a geek.

I've been a fan of Superman for as long as I could remember. I don't think I started buying comic books until I was around 10 or 11 when I started actually getting my hands on some money. But the movies, the cartoons, they always intrigued me from a very young age. I know there are pictures of me somewhere in a Superman costume on some early Halloween in my life. I currently own two different S-shield t-shirts. They need to be replaced every couple years as the S begins to fade and fall apart. It's sad, really. If only they made those t-shirts as indestructible as Superman's costume. But I guess since Krypton doesn't really exist, you can't really come up with Kryptonian fabric.

Well that's it for this round of questions. I'll be sure to do it again sometime soon. I think it's kind of fun answering all your questions. Thanks again to those who participated!

No comments:

Post a Comment