Friday, September 11, 2009

Question of the Week: Yell

When did you last yell at someone? Why? Did you later regret it?

I don't like to yell at people. I'm the type of person that bottles up anger and then yells at the TV while playing Playstation or yells at other drivers while my windows are safely rolled up. So I guess, technically, I yelled at the guy that cut me off in traffic on the way to work this morning. Dude just zoomed on over, no turn signal or anything. Big pet peeve of mine. He didn't hear me, so I didn't feel too bad about it. And I refrained from using any profanity, so no guilt on that front either.

I know I've yelled at a coworker or two before. It wasn't like a shouting match or anything. And it really wasn't because of anything they had done. It's just that there are some days when a lot of little things are happening at once, and not a one of them is a helpful thing. So I snapped. A question was asked in my general direction, in a raised voice, I said no. It's just that simple. I really don't feel too bad about that either. But I do apologize in those instances. Well, I do if it happens to be a coworker that I like. If it's someone I don't particularly care for, I just let it go and then ignore them for awhile, and hope they ignore me too. And if the disliked coworker decides they don't like me anymore because I snapped at them, so be it. I'm actually okay with that.

Maybe I shouldn't be, but that's the way it is.

Don't forget, I'm still looking for your questions. So far I have three submissions. Next Thursday you'll get my answers. And remember, it can be anything. Make it as deep or shallow as you prefer.

Also, bear in mind that these Friday Questions of the Week are a chance for you to think and respond. Remember, I love getting comments, so I'd really like to find out how you would answer the question that I pose each week.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Until next time, ain't nobody dope as me!

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment