Saturday, September 12, 2009

What I Would Be DVRing If I Still Had a DVR

I got rid of cable several months ago. Along with it, I got rid of the ever popular DVR. I miss the DVR. I miss being able to record shows and fast forward through commercials. And now that the new TV season is beginning, I feel that I'll be missing a lot of good television, especially since I'm now working several nights each week. But here's what I would be recording if I still had the capability.

Fringe - I watched this one regularly last season and it stayed pretty intriguing throughout the year. Luckily, this is one that pops up on Hulu after it airs on TV. Hopefully I'll be able catch up on a lot of shows on the internet this year. Best idea ever, internet. Good move.

The Big Bang Theory - This one is consistently funny and still makes me feel okay for being a geek.

How I Met Your Mother - I still want to find out who the mother will be. We're going into the fifth season and we still don't know the answer to that question. I'm not complaining though. I still think it's hilarious.

Heroes - I keep watching this one. Part of me isn't sure why. The first season of this show was awesome. The last two seasons have come up pretty short. There are a few shows I just gave up on in the middle of last season. I kept watching Heroes, but I dropped Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice. What can I say? I like stories where people can fly and are indestructible.

V - This is one I'd like to check out. I'm a little too young to remember the original V mini-series, but I remember my folks talking about it at some point. They seemed to like it back in the day. And I do like the sci-fi. But there's a good chance I won't have a chance to get into it on the TV. I may have to hold out for the DVD and just Netflix it.

Glee - I caught this one when Fox made a big deal about it after American Idol in May. I pretty much thought it was hilarious. And it was great that the glee club on the show performed Don't Stop Believin'. Who wouldn't like that show?

Flash Forward - The commercials look interesting. Plus it's got two people from Lost and the guy that played Sulu in the new Star Trek. I already want to find out why everyone in the world blacked out and got a glimpse of the future. What's going on here?

Bones - I've just never gotten tired of this show. The cast has great chemistry and it's just fun to watch.

The Office - Jim and Pam are getting married!

The Vampire Diaries - Overall I don't know if I'll like it enough to watch more than a few episodes. Yes, I liked Buffy. Yes, I liked Dawson's Creek. But should the two be put together? Or did they already put those two together and call it Twilight?

30 Rock - I still watch the first two seasons online through Netflix over and over again. It just cracks me up. I look forward to new material.

Smallville - It just never ends. Last season was actually really good despite the loss of Lex Luthor. Am I sorry that they also got rid of Lana Lang? Not even a little bit. Anyone else who thought that Clark would be wearing the cape six years after high school, raise your hand.

Dollhouse - I mean, Eliza Dushku is pretty hot. But the show is also done by the guy that created Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That's what you call a win/win.

The Amazing Race - This is one of the three reality shows I watch. Funny, I never watched this before I started hanging out with the Greenes. Good stuff.

That's a lot of TV. That I won't be watching. This will probably be good for me.

Another reminder, go back to Thursday's post and drop off your questions in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment