Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Second Day

A Photo of Something You Ate Today
Doesn't that just look amazing? In case the melted cheese on round bread doesn't give it away, it's a pizza.

I wasn't planning on having pizza today. It just happened. There's not much of a story there, but I'll share it anyway. See, the decision to have pizza for dinner tonight came about because I came into a little bit of money that I wasn't planning to have.

A few weeks back, when I was sitting through three days of teller training downtown, I had to pay $6.00 a day to park in the garage next to the office building. Today, I was reimbursed for that money I spent to park downtown. And so, with that money, I splurged.

My original plan was to come home from work, eat my traditional poor guy's sandwich, and call it a night. But on the way home from my post office box (that still has yet to see any mail whatsoever!), I decided that I was in the mood for a small pizza from Bellacino's.

What did I get on that pizza? Chicken, bacon and sausage. For a while during and after college, I worked at the Bellacino's in Bluefield. And back then, I called that combination of toppings the "Aaron Special." It didn't catch on. They didn't add that one to the menu. And no one knows what I'm talking about when I order the Aaron Special. It hurts a little...

But the pizza was delicious. True story.

3 comments: