Monday, July 25, 2011

AFI - On Hold

I haven't been watching too many movies lately. Life kind of got in the way. You may or may not have noticed that I haven't even seen one of those top 100 movies since I reviewed Forrest Gump back in June. That was before I officially moved.

And since then, things have been kind of crazy. Things have gotten so crazy that I've had to put my Netflix subscription on hold. And if you know me at all, you might be thinking I'm dying.

Fear not, rumors of my declining health are greatly exaggerated. I'm just not getting enough out of Netflix to make it worth paying the fee each month right now. For a while, I had three discs from Netflix just sitting next to my TV. And that's all they were doing. I wasn't watching them. For nearly a month they were there. That means I paid $25 in June for three movies that I never watched.

Also, remember how I was having all those issues with my internet? Well, that kind of makes it difficult to watch the instant streaming stuff. So that about does it for my reasons for keeping it.

In theory, my internet works great now. But to really test that theory, I have to reactivate my Netflix account. So I have to decide if it's worth the $25 to test my connection.

In the mean time, I have to put my New Year's resolution of watching all of the AFI top 100 movies of all time on hold. Let's be honest, as slow as I was going, there was no way I'd be able to get all 100 in one year. But I promise, I'll get around to all of them eventually.

On a side note, I'm not gonna hit 50 books in one year either. There's been too much stuff going on guys. Don't look at me like that. I can't deal with your disappointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment