Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Saving My Money

I have a savings account. I think it makes sense for anyone to have a savings account. Sadly, things have come up and I've had to dip into that savings account from time to time. Hey, moving is an expensive event.

But I'm rebuilding. I'm putting money in the account from time to time and I'm leaving it there. I'm letting it accumulate because there are some things that I would like to get. So today, I kind of just feel like sharing a few of the things that I want.

Source: abt.com via Aaron on Pinterest

Mini Refrigerator
Kind of like this one, only way smaller. I figure if I have my own tiny fridge in my own tiny room, I won't have to worry about either of my roommates swiping my Mountain Dew unprovoked.

A really good digital camera
I'll be honest, I haven't been deep into photography for about 10 years. And even then, it was kind of a passing thing. Something I loved to do, yes, but I got busy with other things. The world of photography has changed a lot since then. I mean, does anyone still use film? I have two really good cameras and they both use film. Real old school. So I'm thinking I need to update. The camera in the picture is a Canon EOS Rebel T2i. Really, though, I have no idea what to look for in a great digital camera. Do any of my shutterbug blogging buddies have any suggestions?

Source: google.com via Aaron on Pinterest

A really great mattress
After my visit to Grand a few weeks back, I'm thinking about something in the TempurPedic family. That's the one on the commercial where they have the glass of wine on one side of the bed while the dude is jumping up and down on the other. I don't think I'll be doing to much wine-drinking in bed, but the mattresses I tested felt really good. I'm thinking that would be a lot better for my back than the air mattress I'm currently using. Problem is, they're really expensive. That's gonna be a lot of saving.


My own place
Look, things are starting to calm down a bit with the roommates. But I'm still living with two guys that I don't know. No amount of time is going to completely cure that awkwardness. I want to go back to a life where I'm living on my own. So this is probably the most pressing of things on this list. Not that I need to save up to a particular amount of money to be able to afford my own apartment. But I will need to save up some money for a deposit, first/last month's rent, that kind of thing.

That's it for now. I'm sure the list will be expanded upon as time goes by. You know I'll keep you posted. 'Cause what else am I gonna do with my spare time? I mean, I still don't have a sitcom hang out yet.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I have been piling money into our savings accounts. Just for my maternity leave alone, it'll cost us about $10k of me not being at work.

    But this isn't about how ridiculous maternity leave is in the US...

    Good luck saving. I believe saving is a very good and motivating activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Nikon cameras. I have a Nikon D3000 and I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete