Friday, July 08, 2011

Question of the Week: Tough Choice

Would you rather be blind or deaf?

I have to admit, this is a tough one to answer. I love music. And I love to sing. So that kind of rules out being deaf. At the same time, I love watching movies. If I was deaf, I could at least still watch and read the subtitles. And I really love to read. Being blind, I suppose I could rely on Audible.com. But what does that do for my other passion, the writing? I'm kind of a stickler for spelling and grammar. If I have a typo and can't see it, it would really get under my skin. Then again, if I didn't see it, I guess I'd never know. But back to the music thing. I'm really not singing much anymore. I would miss listening to music and singing in my car, but I think I could learn to live without it. Could I? I can't decide. Can I flip a coin? Okay, the quarter says blindness. So I'll go with that. Odds are, if an impairment were to strike, I don't think I'd get a choice between one or the other.

What about you? If you had to choose, which would you pick?

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment