Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Classic

Remember when I was describing my activities on Independence Day last week? Well, I failed to mention something about my excursion to Grand Home Furnishings. See, while I was in the furniture store with Tree and Shay, we were all informed about a drawing that the company was having. They would soon be giving away a pair of tickets to the Greenbrier Classic.

I'll be honest, I don't know much about the Greenbrier Classic. I know it's a golf tournament, and that's about all I know. I guess that's the important part, right? It's a PGA tournament that takes place between July 25th and the 31st. But the Grand employees made the contest a little more enticing by letting us know that there would be concerts during the Classic. These concerts would feature some pretty heavy hitters: Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, and the Black Eyed Peas. Yeah, seems like kind of a big deal.

Tree and Shay declined. I'm not sure why they chose not to drop their names in the big plastic box. But I figured, why not? There was absolutely nothing to lose by putting my name on that paper. So I did it. And I promptly forgot about it.

Then I got a call today from a phone number I didn't recognize. When I looked the number up on the internet, turns out it belonged to Grand Home Furnishings. At first I couldn't think of any reason why they would be calling me. I mean, yeah, I was really interested in those Tempurpedic mattresses we were checking out, but not interested enough to give them my information. I didn't think they had my number. There was no reason for them to call me. And then...

Oh yeah! I entered my name in that drawing for the tickets to the Greenbrier Classic! Does this mean I won?

Luckily the unknown number left a voice mail. Sure enough, a woman from Grand named Vicky was calling to let me know that I did, in fact, win the drawing.

Now, I'm not entirely sure about what's going on with the whole Greenbrier Classic thing. But, from what I do understand, I've got tickets to every single event during the Classic. That means I have the option to go to every day of golf and all three of the concerts. I should be getting my prize package via UPS on Friday, so I'll know more then. But for now, the stuff I do know sounds pretty top notch.

Obviously I can't go to every single event in the Classic. I can't just take a week off work to go watch some live golf. But I'm pretty sure I can make the drive up to the Greenbrier for a Tim McGraw concert. And go back the next night to see the Black Eyed Peas. And go back again the next night for Keith Urban. Yeah, I think I can handle that.

But now the question remains: what do I do about my plus one?

I've got some thoughts floating around in my head as to what to do with that second ticket. So stay tuned. One of those thoughts involves a trivia contest. All I'll say about this trivia is that it will consist of questions whose answers will come directly from this blog. But that could pose a problem as there are over 1000 blog posts from which to glean information. Like I said, stay tuned. More information to come this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment