Friday, July 29, 2011

Question of the Week: Lasting Friendships

How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now?

I have several friendships that have lasted for 10 years or more. I could make a list for you, but then I'd risk leaving people out and hurting people's feelings. I don't want to do that. For how I feel about my friends, please refer to the article I posted not too long on what it's like to be an introvert.

I keep a handful of very close friends. To me, everyone else is an acquaintance. That's just how I feel about it. With these acquaintances, I'm not necessarily going to open up the way I will with those true friends. And those true friends, well, they're the kind of people I'm not gonna let go of. They're the ones that I've known for a decade or more. They're the ones I'll still know a decade from now.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. I have several close friends but only two have them have been my friends for over ten years! But I have a couple that I know will last way beyond that!!

    ReplyDelete