Saturday, July 16, 2011

Isn't It Bromantic

There's been a lot going on this weekend. And right now, my head is kind of a jumble of events. I'm not exactly sure how to string it all together without making it sound like one big run-on sentence. I'll try to clear it up as best I can. I don't want to alienate any of my readers by babbling incoherently. So here goes...

A few days ago, I got a call from the Charlatan asking if I wanted to go with him to Bluefield this weekend. I didn't have to work, so I thought, why not? The Other Single Guy is up there, so it could be a good time driving up to hang out for a couple days. Except, he told me, it wouldn't really be a couple days. The plan was to come through Roanoke, pick me and Subway up, then hang out in Bluefield 'til about midnight Saturday night, then make the drive back. The Charlatan needed to be back in Richmond for church on Sunday morning. Sure, why not, I'm not the one that has to drive.

So Friday after work, I drove over to Subway's house and we headed downtown to hang out with Tree and Shay at First Fridays. We were immediately introduced to PJ and Danni, who are friends with Tree and Shay. We thought we'd have plenty of time down there since the Charlatan told us he would be in Roanoke around 9:30. Yeah, and then I got a call from him at 7:30. Sorry ladies, gotta cut the evening short. Turns out JMitch was doing the driving. So really, we should've been asking her about the schedule of events.

Let the road trip begin. A short 2 hour drive later, and we were in Bluefield. We stopped by Wendy's to pick up some food and were suddenly very aware that we were back in Bluefield. The Charlatan ordered a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and was asked if he wanted cheese on that. He wasn't too sure how to respond. My thought is that if you ask for a cheeseburger, the fact that you want cheese on it is implied. Apparently that's not how it is around these parts.

We stayed up pretty late last night, made a run to the Sheetz in Princeton, and pretty much just hung out. This morning, the other three woke up early to go play some church league softball. I wasn't invited to play. Because I'm a dropper. I was invited to come and watch. But I didn't much like the idea of coming out and sitting alone on the bleachers with a group of church folk that I didn't know. So I opted to stay here and get some more sleep. I liked my choice just fine.

From what I hear, they lost both the games they played. I don't think it was pretty.

When they returned and woke me from my mid-morning nap, we walked from the Other Single Guy's house over to Applebee's. Lunch was pretty decent. I mean, it's Applebee's, so it's not gonna be anything over the top special. I think walking there was a really good idea, though. Driving would have been a nightmare. There's a pretty big event happening in Bluefield today. I'm not going to try to describe it because I really have no detailed information about it. What I do know is that it's a big concert. And the only name I really recognized was Montgomery Gentry. And I've heard they've sold 16,000 tickets to an event in a stadium that only holds 10,000 people. That should go over really well. You've got this all day country music concert going on and then you're gonna have 6,000 drunken, angry rednecks who aren't gonna be able to get in. Good planning, Bluefield.

We'll be leaving Bluefield tonight around midnight or 1am. I'm not too worried about getting back to Roanoke. I just feel bad for JMitch and the Charlatan having to get all the way back to Richmond. So I guess that's about it from the Bluefields. I'll see you back here tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great Road Trip! Glad we were all able to take the adventure together! :)

    ReplyDelete