Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Escape

I can't sleep. This is due to a combination of taking advantage of my day off and sleeping until 10am and too much caffeine this evening. But technically, it's my next day, and since the internet is working, I'm posting a new blog.

As I said before, I'm in Charlotte visiting Andy and Chrissy. Andy pulled me along last night to a junior high home group Bible study that he's a part of. Before the festivities began, we were all outside gathering around a basketball goal. I leaned against Andy's car and just watched while he and some of the kids played a quick game.

As I stood there, something odd happened. One of the 7th grade girls decided to come stand next to me. Now, Andy has a Ford Escape. It's not a small vehicle. There was plenty of room for both of us to stand there and enjoy the amateur basketball game. But she was so close that she was touching me.

I'm not gonna lie. It weirded me out a lot.

Keep in mind that I did not invite this incident to happen. I was just standing there. I don't think I could have been more shut-down if I had tried. Arms crossed, not speaking... and yet. Andy looked over after passing the ball to one of the kids. He looked confused. I really hope I conveyed the same confusion right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment