Monday, March 17, 2008

The Leaf Blower

To the groundskeepers at Southeastern Seminary, I thank you. Today was the first official day of Easter break. A day to take advantage of the ability to sleep late. But you were there to wake me up at 9am with a leaf blower right outside my front door.

Seriously? These leaves have been sitting on my sidewalk and porch and all over my front yard since mid-October and today is the day you choose to get rid of them?

You know what else is super? When you use the leaf blower right at my porch, it blows leaves into my living room through the enormous gap between the door and the floor. That was really awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. As a recent college grad, I remember too clearly being woken up by dorm construction and roof repairs at 6:30 am and the sounds of lawn mowers outside my windows during breaks. Those memories were brought back yesterday when the ruckus was too loud to hear during a meeting in Stealey. So anyways, I got a kick out of the post and wanted to let you know you're not alone in your hatred of noisy disturbances in the mornings.

    (By the way, I work here at SEBTS and get notified when someone blogs about or writes about the school, so yours came up on the "radar" today.)



    Anyways, I thought this was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete