Sunday, March 02, 2008

Omelet Shoppe Confessions: Introduction

This is a new segment on the blog. The Omelet Shoppe is a magical place where the craziest things can happen after 2am. Back in the Bluefield days, the Omelet Shoppe was the place to go if you were hungry in the middle of the night.

The Omelet Shoppe (now sacreligiously called "the Omelet Stop") is located in Princeton, West Virginia. Now, it's roughly a 20 minute drive, but it's worth it at 3am when there's nothing to eat in the dorm. Have you ever experienced an Omelet Shoppe? If not, you may have experienced the Waffle House, or to a much lesser extent, Huddle House.

My friends and I lived under the notion that a trip to the Omelet Shoppe just wasn't worth the fuel used unless you came away with a legendary story to tell. So over the next few weeks, I'll share with you some of the legendary stories from the Omelet Shoppe. You'll be introduced to Gertie, a woman who saved my life late one night. You'll read stories of mystery and intrigue and drunk people.

Recently in my life, I've enjoyed late night meals at the IHOP or a Denny's. It's just not the same. There are never stories from those places.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am SO excited about this series! I have some great Omelet Shoppe memories too!

    ReplyDelete