Monday, March 03, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode VII

I've been with the bank for nearly two months now. And in that time, I've balanced my drawer every day. Until today.

This evening as we were closing up shop, I was counting all the cash in my drawer and came up ten dollars short. I didn't panic, I just figured I missed something. I have done that before. So I went through and counted again. Still short.

Enter the other tellers. They were done and ready to leave. So they helped. They couldn't find it either. So I had to show the loss. It's okay, it's not like I'm going to be fired over it, but still, nearly two months with a perfect record, now shot.

After we shut everything down and closed the vault, I happened to be at my counter grabbing my jacket. I also happened to look down and glance inside the trash can under my counter. What did I catch sight of? Two fresh five dollar bills equalling the ten dollars that was missing from my drawer. Too late though.

So now, I have today's loss on my record. Wednesday, I'll have to show a ten dollar overage to make up for it. What a great week at the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment