Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tree in the Wind

The other day as I was taking my trash out, I felt the wind blowing. A common occurrance, one that people probably experience nearly every day. I looked up and saw the trees swaying as the wind blew. I couldn't help but laugh.

My whole life, Dad's explanation for where wind came from was unique. To him, wind wasn't caused by rising and falling air temperatures and pressure systems. Wind was caused by trees breathing.

In his own wacky way, it made sense. When you notice the wind blowing, it's moving the trees. That particular illusion came to a halt when I hit 9th grade and took earth science and began to grasp a bit of how weather works.

But my whole life, when I see the wind's effect on trees, I'll think of Dad and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment