Friday, August 12, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Eighteenth Day

Something You Crave a Lot

What if I don't really have cravings?

I mean, there are certain foods that I really like, but I don't really go through phases where I just have to have a slice of pizza. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so it isn't as if I crave desserts either.

I guess if I can crave something that isn't a food item, it would be my alone time. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy being around people... most of the time. Okay, some of the time. I am selective about my people. And while I do enjoy spending time with those people, I love to be alone too.

I can relax when I'm by myself. I don't have to answer to anyone. I don't have to follow along with someone else's whims. I'm not a natural leader. So I don't take charge in groups and I don't decide what should be done. So when I'm with people, most of the time, I don't really get my way. Not that I'm conceited enough to need to have things my way at all times. I'm fine going with the flow.

But when I'm alone I can do whatever I want, whenever I want.

On the flip side of that coin, there are some times when I'm alone that I crave being with my friends. Funny how that works, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that I ever crave alone time, but I definitely enjoy it. I'm an only child and find that I don't really mind being by myself as much as other people do.

    ReplyDelete