Monday, August 01, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Seventh Day

Your Dream Wedding

                                                            Source: glamour.com via amyrburns on Pinterest

Getting married isn't something I often think about. In fact, relationships in general aren't something that I often think about.

I'd be lying if I said that I never thought about these things. Anyone who has read this blog for any length of time knows that these things cross my mind from time to time. I just don't obsess over these things. I really am of two minds about it. And it's mostly because I'm emotionally damaged. But who's not?

I've seen a few good, lasting relationships. I've seen people who work at their marriages. They get through the bad times and at the end of the day, they're able to say they're happier and stronger for the things they've worked through together. But the majority of the relationships I've seen have ended. And they've ended badly. That leaves my cynical mind questioning, "Is it ever really worth it?"

And I like my alone time. The alone time factor is something that is on my mind a lot these days, especially now that I have roommates after eight years of being by myself.

That being said, I don't think I'm entirely capable of living my entire life alone. There are moments that come and go where I think it would be nice to have someone with whom I could share my life. I wonder how I'll go about meeting this woman. And I wonder if she'll turn out to be like some kind of elusive unicorn that just can't be caught.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling. Now on to my perfect wedding. Like my perfect first date, I really don't think it should be a complicated affair. But, unlike that first date, I have a feeling I'm not going to have a whole lot of say in how it all really turns out. Mostly, I would just want my bride-to-be to be happy with how it all turns out. Whatever she wants, I hope I'm able to give it to her.

I've kind of shared this before, though. I'd love to get married at my friends' lake house. It's a beautiful place in that back yard, right on the water. I'd like for it to be fun. Why should it be such a serious affair? I'm not saying I want to have a moon bounce at the reception. Or maybe I am.

I still want a scoreboard to keep track of how many people sit on the bride's side and the groom's side. Prize for the winner to be determined at a later date.

4 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE this photo...when I showed Cecil...he was totally bummed he hadnt thought of something similar for our wedding (he even asked for a picture re-do)...

    When your big day comes...I will be disapoointed if this photo doesnt happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about what guys want at weddings. Such a different perspective. Because of course, I've heard what all my female friends want/wished for since we were old enough to say "I do."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. That picture is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you get married why can't it just be you, the girl and a minister?

    i mean, the marriage is just about the 2 of you so why shouldn't the ceremony. keep the focus where it should be and not on how much is spent or if everyone ELSE is going to have a good time.

    think of the stress AND money you'll save.

    besides, that money will come in handy for a killer honeymoon.

    jh

    ReplyDelete