Wednesday, August 24, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Twenty Ninth Day

Something You Could Never Get Tired of Doing

                                                    Source: google.com via Aaron on Pinterest

Riding roller coasters.

I'm not an adrenaline junkie. I've never been bungee jumping and I've never gone skydiving. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try those things. But a roller coaster is just enough of a rush for me to really love it. I love getting strapped into the car and getting flipped upside down at 70 miles per hour. I just think it's an incredible feeling. I love hitting the amusement park on days when there aren't a lot of people there. It's great to find a coaster that's still awesome, but isn't as popular as one of the newer rides. Usually, you can get on and just keep riding back to back to back. You don't have to leave your seat. You don't have to get back in line. And I could do something like that all day long.

I haven't been on a roller coaster in a couple years. Not since my last trip to Carowinds with my friend's youth group. Now that I'm back in Virginia, I desperately want to take a trip to Richmond to visit Kings Dominion. Anyone else want to go? We can make a day of it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I loved me some roller coasters growing up.

    We had three different Six Flags locations in Texas, while I was growing up, and I have been to every single one at least 10 times each. I had a season pass a couple of years in a row to the one in San Antonio - which is about an hour and a half away from where I live.


    Sadly,I went on my last roller coaster rides a couple of years ago and realized it wasn't as much fun! It was weird - I kept blacking out every time I rode one and it started to hurt my neck.

    Boy does old age SUCK!!

    ReplyDelete