Tuesday, August 02, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Eighth Day

A Song to Match Your Mood

You know, I've thought a lot about this all day. I didn't want to try and do this post this morning before I went to work. I was still trying desperately to wake up. I didn't know what my mood was. I was moodless.

I guess that's not totally true. I was a little resentful of the fact that I didn't get a very good night's sleep and that I had to wake up and drive in to work. But thus is the curse of the grown-up.

The day went along as expected. I got to work. I worked. A little bit unexpected, I was asked to pull a stretch (work from opening to closing) for the second day in a row. This was unplanned. We were not pleased. But it is what it is. And it's not as if I had anything going on tonight. And, bonus, I get to get off early tomorrow. I like that kind of trade off.

So the song I've chosen is Daniel Powter's "Bad Day."


Daniel Powter - by Warner-Music

I didn't necessarily have a bad day today. It was kind of just a day. At the moment, I don't feel happy, I don't feel sad. I'm not angry, I'm not shocked, I'm not excited. I'm just blah. Maybe I'm too tired to feel anything right now. I'm not sure I like feeling numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment