Thursday, August 04, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Tenth Day

A Photo of Your Favorite Place to Eat

Was there any doubt that I would choose to post a photo from Macado's? I love that place. This is one of the perks to moving back to Roanoke. There are three in the local area and even more that are less than an hour's drive from here. In Raleigh? Nary a one.

The above picture was taken at the Macado's in Bluefield. Sadly, this Macado's location's reputation has gone way downhill since the glory days of college. The service isn't great and it's kind of dirty. Maybe it always was, we were just too young and foolish to notice.

When I was living so far away from a Macado's, I made it a point to eat at one whenever I had the opportunity. That meant that every trip to Roanoke included a stop in Macado's. Every visit to Bluefield included an extended stop at the Macado's at Mercer Mall.

If you haven't experienced a Macado's, give them a try just once. They've got a menu that's longer than your arm and is printed on front and back. Lots of choices, but they're primarily a sandwich place. Oh, and they have a bar. That's kind of important. To some people.

Someday my tastes may change. I may decide that my favorite restaurant isn't Macado's anymore. In fact, Cheddars is now in the running. But I've only eaten there once thus far. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment