Wednesday, February 27, 2008

American Idol: 10 Gals

Oh yes, it's ladies night.

Carly Smithson - Crazy On You
I'm not sure of the song title, so if I'm wrong, again, forgive me. She's doing really well tonight. A lot better than last week. She's really letting loose with her vocals and showing just how powerful her voice is. Great control, very confident. Starting off strong tonight. 9.

Syesha Mercado - Me and Mrs. Jones
Except she's singing "Mr. Jones." I think this girl has a great deal of potential. Tonight's song choice isn't necessarily showing off what she can do though. It's not bad, but she's got such a powerful voice, this song just doesn't showcase it. 8.

Brooke White - You're So Vain
Bold move playing the guitar. She's already been compared to Carly Simon this season. I think she's done a great job with this song and she was very comfortable singing it. Another 9.

Ramiele Malubay - Don't Leave Me This Way
As I sit here listening to the song, I can't help but feel a little bored. Vocally she's doing okay, but she just doesn't seem to be into it. Like she's not giving her all or not feeling it. There are a couple problems with pitch. I gotta go 6.

Kristy Lee Cook - You're No Good
I'm hearing a couple places that are off key. And the stage presence isn't much better than last week. I went along with the illness factor then, but what's the excuse this week? Is she still nervous? I'm still disappointed. Better than last week overall, but not great. 7.

Amanda Overmyer - Carry On My Wayward Son
It's too low for her. Look, I'm just not a fan of Amanda. I don't like her voice all that much. She could hit every not perfectly and I don't think I'd enjoy the performance. I'm really not a fan. 5.

Alaina Whitaker - Hopelessly Devoted to You
Extra points for pulling out a song from Grease. And she's got Carrie Underwood hair. I don't think her performance is quite as strong as last week. Slight pitch issue just before the chorus. And then she kicks it up a little more. This is probably the wrong song for her. Because she showed last week that she has a phenomenal voice, but Olivia Newton-John she ain't. 8.

Alexandrea Lushington - If You Leave Me Now
Pulling out some Chicago. Nice. I'm impressed with this girl. I have a feeling the judges will call the song choice boring. But she's singing it so well, I really don't care if it's boring. It's a great slow song and she's showing incredible control and maturity in her voice. 8.

Kady Malloy - Magic Man
This is another case of a girl with incredible potential. But this is totally the wrong song for her. She's off key throughout. Most of it is way too low for her, so it's impossible to even understand her. I can't go with a high score here. Going with a 6.

Asia'h Epperson - All By Myself
Sounded like she started off a little shaky. But she's getting it back. As she wraps up the song, all I can think is, wow. That ending brings her up from an 8 to a 9.

So who do I think should be worried? Jason Yeager, David Cook, Amanda Overmyer, and Ramiele Malubay. I might have said Michael Johns and Kady Malloy, but I think they'll have enough of the votes to keep them in another week. I was 3 for 4 last week, guess we'll see how good I am at this game tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment