Friday, February 01, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode V

Today was my last day at the Garner in-store branch. The last day of my on-the-job training. For the first half of my day, I thought, once again, that I would be standing around looking like a big idiot.

After looking like a big idiot for about half an hour, I was told I'd sign into a computer and be able to look up accounts, but I wouldn't have a cash drawer. Once I logged on, I still looked like a big idiot. I mean, sure I could look up people's account numbers and balances, but who would come to me just to get that information? Because they could go to the next guy, get that same information, then do the business they came to do, all in one fell swoop.

Late this afternoon, I was actually able to have a drawer of my very own. For about two hours. Better than nothing, right?

So will I miss the Kroger store? Not really. Don't get me wrong, the people were nice, and there was a cute cashier that I'm pretty sure gave me a "look," but it's just not worth the 45 minute-1 hour drive from my house to the store. Next week, I'll finally be working regularly at my regular branch. Time to get settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment