Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Last Trip to Wal-Mart

I mentioned before in this blog that I have a list of places that I will never go again. Most of the time, it's only restaurants that make this list. But even then, it's not a hard and fast rule. There has been at least one time that I've had to go back on my word for reasons beyond my control.

Tonight, on my way home from work, I decided to stop for some groceries. This is a trip I've been putting off for about a week. I've been running really low on supplies, so this evening I gave in. I decided to go to Wal-Mart to get the shopping done. Normally, I don't go to Wal-Mart, but I wanted to get a new shirt for work, so I figured, two birds, one stone.

As I was making my way through the aisles picking out my usual necessities, I noticed a strange fog hanging low in the air. It looked a little smokey in the store, but I didn't think much of it. Just thought it was weird. In the cereal aisle, it was a little thicker. I couldn't smell anything, but it made me start coughing. No one else seemed to be affected, making it seem a little weirder. I didn't need anything in the next aisle, but when I looked down that way, it looked like a big white cloud. There was literally zero visibility at knee level and below. It was bizarre.

It was like being trapped in a Stephen King novel.

Does this mean I'll never go to the local Wal-Mart again? No, they're not quite on my list. I'm not even sure I'll count this as a strike against them, since it wasn't something that was personally done to me. But I'm pretty sure I'll keep to my previous rule of going somewhere else unless I just need to go to Wally World.

No comments:

Post a Comment