Saturday, February 02, 2008

What's Wrong With the Internet?

I think it's broken. Well, not broken, but in disrepair. Wait, does that still mean broken?

Ever since last night, I've been having trouble using the internet. Websites that I usually have no trouble loading, are now taking a very long time to load. Or they're not loading at all. So I ask the question: What's wrong with the internet?

I scanned my laptop for viruses. Nothing showed up. So it's not a problem with my computer. I even tried my seldom-used desktop, same issues. Of course, my desktop usually sits there because it's so much slower than the newer laptop.

I rebooted the cable modem. That had zero effect. I tried to call the good people at Time Warner Cable, and all I got was a busy signal. But not a regular busy signal. One of those fast busy signals, like you just dialed a number that no longer exists. Pretty bad for a company that boasts great digital phone service.

I know, I know, I'm using the internet to post this blog right now. But as I'm typing all this, I'm wondering what will actually happen when I click on the publish button. Will it actually publish it? Or will the internet once again shut me down. I think we need a new internet. Just tear it all down and start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment