Thursday, February 14, 2008

How I Spent My Valentine's Day

For me, Valentine's Day began as a typical day: a morning full of classes. Then I was invited to have lunch with the Greene's at the Golden Cow. You may be asking the same thing I was. "What's the Golden Cow?"

After I received this cryptic text message, I had to call to confirm. Golden Cow? That's what the youngest talking Greene's call Golden Corral. So we did that, then I went to pick up their groceries while they went to CVS. Of course I was more than happy to do this, they did, after all, pay for my all-you-can-eat buffet.

I got to the house before they did, and I was going to put away the groceries, at least the cold stuff, but there was no room in the freezer. So I waited. When they finally got home, I was asked to wipe the four-year-old's freshly pooped butt. And look, while I appreciate the many meals that this family has provided for my broke behind, there are certain lines I will not cross. Wiping a kid's butt is one of them.

I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and playing some online Scrabble with my anti-Valentine. Tonight I'll be going out to eat with all the couples from our weekly Bible study. I'm the only single guy in the group. 5th wheel, party of me.

3 comments:

  1. Now you must admit, it was a good day?!?! Nothing is more fun then eating at Golden Cow with a four year old, playing the role of grocery delivery guy and hanging out with a bunch of married people on Valentines Day. I thought we had quite a few good laughs. And by the way, you forgot to add, watching Lost with your favorite Greene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching Lost with my favorite Greene? Gabby wasn't in there while we were watching Lost. HAHAHA, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad for you that you will not be able to watch Lost in HD this week. I will be sure to enjoy it for you!! :-)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete