Thursday, February 21, 2008

American Idol: 20 Left

I said I wasn't going to, but I feel like I should write something about this. Over the last couple nights, America voted for their favorites. Tonight, the bottom four were let go.

First was Garrett Haley. He's one I picked to go.

Next was Amy Davis. Another one I got right.

The second girl to leave the stage was Joanne Borgella. That's three.

Finally, America said good-bye to Colton Berry. I didn't see that coming. I'm not too surprised by that result, but I missed that in my prediction. But hey, 3 for 4 ain't bad.

When Ryan obliged the judges to give some final words of wisdom to Colton, Paula and Randy of course encouraged him to keep singing. Simon gave his honest opinion, saying Colton should get a good job and just enjoy singing as a hobby, because he doesn't think the kid could ever make a career of it. This sparked something of an argument amongst the judges. Paula and Randy said that Simon shouldn't crush someone's dreams. Simon said they shouldn't ask his opinion then. Randy then pointed out that Colton should continue singing simply because he made the top 24 out of the thousands of people. But let me ask this: how many people from past seasons' top 24 do you remember? By the end of this season, you, the average viewer, won't even remember that Colton Berry existed. Or Amy Davis, or Joanne Borgella, or Garrett Haley.

No comments:

Post a Comment