Thursday, February 07, 2008

Scrabulous

I've been playing a lot of Scrabble lately. But I haven't been playing a traditional game of Scrabble. That would indicate that my social life has improved. No, I've been playing through Facebook with Jen. So imagine, if you will, a Scrabble board that is 3000 miles by 3000 miles. That's a big Scrabble board.

I'm not sure how many times we've played over the last few weeks, but I do know that she has beaten me every time. There have been a few games where I came within a few points of winning. But I haven't been able to win. While I have been known to be a competitive person, losing this many times hasn't bothered me. Yet.

Although I do think Jen may be cheating. Somehow she constantly comes up with the Z or the Q or the X or the J. These are all the high scoring tiles. If, in fact, she is cheating, then she's an even greater genius than I ever gave her credit for. In order to manipulate the letters, she'd have to hack into the Facebook application. A feat that I couldn't even begin to conceive.

In our current game, I'm in the lead. We'll see how long that lasts.

1 comment:

  1. I MADE THE BLOG!!!!!!

    and more importantly .. scrabble made the blog.

    it's good to see that you're giving scrabble the honor it deserves.

    scrabble.
    honor it.
    adore it.
    love it.

    ReplyDelete